HAWKSHIELD-WCM: Sandwich Waterproofing Coating Membrane
HAWKSHIELD WCM is sandwich waterproofing coating membrane: blend of Portland cement, fine treated silica sand and active proprietary chemicals, when mixed with water and applied as a coating layer, the active chemicals in the layer penetrates the concrete substrate and causes a catalytic reaction which generates a non –soluble crystalline formation of dendritic fibres deep within the pores and capillary tracts of concrete. This process causes concrete mass to become permanently sealed against the penetration of liquids and moistures from any direction.
About HAWKSHIELD-WCMHAWKSHIELD-WCM: Sandwich Waterproofing Coating Membrane
HAWKSHIELD WCM is sandwich waterproofing coating membrane: blend of Portland cement, fine treated silica sand and active proprietary chemicals, when mixed with water and applied as a coating layer, the active chemicals in the layer penetrates the concrete substrate and causes a catalytic reaction which generates a non –soluble crystalline formation of dendritic fibres deep within the pores and capillary tracts of concrete. This process causes concrete mass to become permanently sealed against the penetration of liquids and moistures from any direction. HAWKSHIELD WCM is available in Flexible-Matrix version and it is preferred over Cementitious version due to its elongation characteristics and other added virtues (values) of forming a membranous shield (barrier) around the concrete mass to which it is applied.
HAWKSHIELD WCM is brush applied which cures by reaction with atmospheric moisture to give a continuous film which is elastic. It contains leafing which gives excellent U V Resistance.
HAWKSHIELD WCM cures to a permanent flexible seamless membrane which by virtue of its chemical reactivity in the wet state has good adhesion to a wide range of substrates given proper preparation such as waterproofing, slates, tiles, asbestos, concrete, brick, wood, glass and metals.(Unlike traditional bitumen based products)HAWKSHIELD WCM does not readily brittle with age, exposure to UV radiation or weathering and hence does not crack or craze.
HAWKSHIELD WCM is not adversely affected by extremities of temperatures; consequently it does not crack at High or Low Temperatures.Due to the inherent composition of tested chemical properties besides waterproofing HAWKSHIELD WCM offers a wide range of Solutions for various Industrials.
APPLICATIONS: Floorings, Repairs, etc. Refer Application Areas.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
The dry film thickness of HAWKSHIELD WCM should not be less than 0.5mm or more than 0.75mm for1st coat and balance 0.50mm except for base primer coat that could vary per site conditions. Rough or textured surfaces will reduce the coverage rate initially and consequently more material must be allowed to achieve the dry film thickness.
HAWKSHIELD WCM is a membrane coating and not a paint and as such protection is only achieve with high film build, that is 3.0mm to 3.5mm Extra coat is recommended on uneven and jointed surface, cracks, pinholes, thin patches etc. Brushing cross strokes for better bonding, protection and secured sealing of surfaces Coatings to be carried out at interval of 4.00 hrs to 6.00hrs between coats at low temperature mornings and evening for effective bonding, curing and excellent results.
|2||Dry Film Thickness||----||3 mm|
|3||Specific Gravity||IS: 354||1.37|
|4||Solid Content||IS: 354||71%|
|5||Impact Strength||Falling Dart||Passes|
|6||Tensile Strength||ASTM D 638||13 MPa|
|7||Elongation||ASTm D 638||223%|
|8||Flexural Strength||ASTM D 792||7.9 MPa|
|9||Abrasion Resistance||CS – 17 wheel||200 mg 100 cycles|
|10||UV Resistance||ASTM G 53||No Change|
|11||IR – Spectrum||IR Spectra||Acrylic|
|12||Adhesion with Concrete||ASTM D 4541|
1.73 N/mm2(Substrate Failure)
|13||Coverage||----||430 gm/m2 (2 coats)|
|14||Water Proofing||----||% Reduction in Flux is 7%|
|16||Re-coatability||----||4 to 6 hr|
STEP ONE – SURFACE PREPARATION:
1. Remove all loose and weather beaten materials by vigorous brushing with wire brush.
2. Wash the surface with washing powder and subsequently wash with plain water.
3. Treat any remaining fungal growth with proprietary fungicide as recommended.
4. Allow surface to dry thoroughly and to allow moisture to evaporate.
5.Fill cracks and voids with paste of HAWKSHIELD WCM– take appropriate quantity from 1st Coat pouch, add water to make a paste, fill the cracks and void, wait till it sets, then press and level with trowel.
STEP TWO – APPLICATION PROCESS:
1. Moisten the surface by sprinkling water and then apply the Primer Base Coat by cross brushing to achieve secure bonding of the primer coat to the surface. After 2.00 to 3.00 hrs of application, when the Primer coat is tacky, apply the 1st coat followed by the subsequent coat at intervals of 4.00 hrs to 6.00 hrs between each coat. As shown hereunder.
2. Please ensure to mix the right quantity with water as detailed in the application process as under to avoid wastage due to setting (hardening) of the product.
3. 1st Primer Base Coat -: Mix 2 kg. of HAWKSHIELD WCM Powder with 3 ltr. of clean water into brushable solution and apply the primer coat on the treated surface.
4. 2nd coat: Mix 5½ kg of HAWKSHIELD WCM Powder with 3 lt. of water into brushable solution and apply over the base coat.
5. 3rd Coat: Repeat the same as in 2nd coat with HAWKSHIELD WCM over the 2nd coat respectively.
6. Pond the treated areas for minimum 7 days for curing and for excellent protection.
AREAS OF APPLICATION:
Roofs – Flat and Slopping, GI and AC Sheets, Parapets, Sunshades Walls external and Internal, Swimming Pools, Decks, Podiums, Water Tanks, Sumps, Basements, Marine Floorings, Industrial Floorings, Abattoirs, Pharmaceuticals, Cold Rooms, Hospitals, Light to Heavy Traffic Movement, etc.
COVERAGE: 25 kg of HAWKSHIELD WCM gives 300 sq.ft. (Apox).
COLORS AVAILABLE: Grey (Whit & Blue on request.).
PACKING: 25 kg Bucket for Retail & Do It Yourself kit.
PROJECT: Bulk packing is available.
HAWKSHIELD WCM is environment friendly, user friendly, Eco friendly, Grow Green Grow Garden.
SHELF LIFE: 2Yrs.